I’ve always been a fan of indoor and outdoor plants but never had any of my own. I guess I never took the time to learn their different needs and read up on their many benefits. Plus there are soo many pretty choices, where would I start? But I read this little blog post today that simply identified the best ones for improving air quality indoors, and I’d thought I’d share the gift of knowledge. I think I’ll begetting one soon.
1. Bamboo Palm: removes formaldehyde and acts as a natural humidifier
2. Snake Plant: absorbs formaldehyde and nitrogen oxides
3. Areca Palm: one of the best air purifying plants
4. Spider Plant: great for removing carbon monoxides and other toxins and impurities
5. Peace Lily: known to remove mold spores
6. Gereba Daisy: known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen overnight