Y’all know I love a good list. I spied 10 Mentalities That Will Keep Creatives Broke on blkcreatives.com and knew that this was a read for me. Please take the time to peep the thorough breakdown of each behavior on the site:
10. You equate your value and your worth with money.
9. You don’t take yourself seriously.
8. You consume someone else’s information in place of taking the time to learn yourself.
7. You don’t believe in yourself.
6. You spend so much time cheering on and investing in others that you neglect to do the same for yourself.
5. You think that where you are in your life right now is based on lack instead of timing.
4. You don’t ask for help nor do you express yourself.
3. You seek validation externally.
2. You underestimate the time it takes to be successful and quit on yourself too early.
1. You spend more time talking yourself out of something instead of doing the actual work.
I often overthink, getting in my own way. Take pause when I should take action. And where does it get me? Where does not going get me? And what does it hurt to give ______ a try? I also took the Broke in the title to mean not only financially broke, but mentally broke. Motivationally broke. Spiritually broke. All kinds of broke that only a healthy mindset and self-realization can change.
How broke are you in your blogging and other creative endeavors?