The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given from one blogger to another as a way to promote community and boost moral. Bloggers give this award to an equal whom they feel embody creativity and talent. Thanks to one of my favorite bloggers, The Melanin Man, you get to learn more about me! I appreciate you, Man! Please go give him some reads and subscribe. Now, let’s get nosy:
- What inspired you to start blogging? I have a lot to say. And you know people don’t listen! So I decided to save my breath and write it out..
- If blogging did not exist, what other avenues would you use to express yourself? Writing/journaling, drawing, dancing and talking a lot more hehe
- What is the biggest regret that you have? Can you rectify it? I used to regret staying friends or lovers for too long. But now I’m like, Kellz, you’re a better woman for these lessons, these seasons and these reasons. And now I know and do better and live my life without harboring too much on shoulda couldas.
- What is the one place you haven’t visited that you would want to visit? Tanzania!
- Name one skill you would like to master before you die. Active listening and engagement. Some people make it so hard for me!
- If you could pick one blogger you would want to meet in person, who would it be? Wow! That’s a hard question to which I have no answer.
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself? I’m not perfect, but I’m evolving. That’s enough for me right now.
- What animal describes you best? A koala. I like to rest and roll solo and hug trees. And I’ve been told I look like a koala. Many times.
- Whose had the greatest impact in your life? It may have to be my mom; she has made some really poor decisions in her life, imo, BUT she has always advised me well. She’s shown me what to (not) allow into my space, heed when people show me who they are and how to be a good friend and a great mother.
- What does being Black mean to you? Being Black is proudly unambiguous. It’s acceptance of your greatness. It’s making nons uncomfortable and being ok with it. Black is the closest thing to the divine with the deepest connections to Earth. It’s how you guiltlessly present yourself. It’s loving your Blackness and Black people foremost. It’s understanding–or learning to understand–that Black is amazingly beautiful, powerful and dope. It’s knowing we all we got and, one day, that will be enough. Being Black is also the opposite of these things.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now? a happier, healthier, wiser version of me
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 question asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your post.
You know I like to go against the grain! If you’re reading this, I nominate YOU for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Feel free to share your responses in the comments or create your own post. Or not.