How to Apologize
- Truly Recognize and Acknowledge what you did from the perspective of the offended.
- Take Responsibility for what you did to the offended with no BUTS and let go of your need to be right or any kind of hostile or defensive attitude.
- Find and connect with your inner kindness and compassion and speak from this energy only.
- Offer your apology from this space of love indicating the offense, reaffirming the respect deserved and asking for the acceptance of your apology sincerely and what you can do to make amends.
- Then shut the fuck up and truly listen. And let things heal.
Yep, I’m still riding the wave of apologizing with reason, not just blurting out I’m sorry. Plus I really really really like this list; I see it working wonders in long-term relationships worth maintaining.